THROUGH CLEAR GUIDELINES
FOR VISUAL AND VERBAL ELEMENTS.
House style guide for Edergen
What is in a house style manual?
At MOQO, we start a house style guide with the brand manifesto, the brand story and possibly the brand's core values. Then the guidelines and do's and don'ts for using the visual elements are covered in detail:
- Logo: all variants of the primary and possibly secondary logo are covered, including combinations with and without baseline, dimensions and colour variations.
- Colour palette: listing of all brand colours with guidelines for colour gradations and the use of the colours in different contexts.
- Typography: listing of fonts and sizes for both print and digital communication, defined by type of text such as (sub)headings, body text and other textual elements.
- Graphic elements: listing and guidelines for the use of lines, shapes, patterns and textures that are part of the brand's visual identity. Positioning on different types of carriers is also defined.
- Photography style: guidelines for the use of images, illustrations and photography appropriate to the brand identity. Permitted compositions and styles are also explained.
- Tone of voice: explanation of verbal identity with word preferences, sentence structure and any typical language use for the brand.
- Grids and systems: certain brands are visually characterised by a grid or layout system. This is also part of the corporate identity manual.
- Applications: finally, the style guide contains a series of practical examples and instructions for applying the house style to various means of communication such as stationery, business cards, brochures, websites, social media, e-mails, posters, advertisements, signs, etc.
House style manual for Global Estate Group
What is the added value of a house style manual?
Clarity for efficient and consistent brand use, both for internal employees and external communication partners such as marketing agencies, web builders, printers, lettering companies...
By consistently applying the house style manual, you create one coherent whole which increases the recognisability of your brand and enhances the brand experience.